Healing Therapy Through EMDR
Eye Movement Reprocessing and Desensitization (EMDR) is a highly effective and successful therapy used in treating many types of trauma. The goal of EMDR is to process disturbing memories, reduce their lingering effects and enable clients to develop more adaptive coping mechanisms. EMDR has been shown to be a rapid and effective treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and it can also be used to treat a host of other issues, including: depression, anxiety, grief, substance abuse and other addictions, phobias, self-limiting beliefs and low self-esteem.
If you have experienced major or minor traumas, EMDR may be a good treatment option. EMDR can offer relief from disturbing memories and other symptoms associated with trauma, increase your self-esteem and support positive changes in behavior. As an EMDR practitioner, I provide a safe and supportive environment for you to clarify the issues overwhelming your life.
Supportive, Effective EMDR Therapy
If you are experiencing any of the following and would like nurturing, therapeutic support, I would like to help you.
- You feel alert much of the time, are easily startled by noises or have flashbacks or nightmares.
- You are having chronic negative self-thoughts, based on specific events in your life.
- You feel stuck or overwhelmed by life in general.
- You are dealing with anxiety due to a car accident or a natural disaster such as fire, earthquake or flood.
- You have been attacked in a rape, molestation, robbery or other violent crime.
- You are experiencing distress from memories of a childhood filled with abuse or neglect.
- You experience loss or grief over a loved one, due to separation, divorce or death, which feels like you may never recover.
My office is located in San Rafael, California. I work with clients in Marin County, Sonoma County, San Francisco and the East Bay. As I am licensed in California, I can conduct telehealth sessions throughout the state. Please contact me to learn more about the work we can do together. I look forward to speaking with you.